Cholesterol Test - Full Lipid Panel with Glucose
SKU #: H-CHOLNC
The Cholesterol Panel is a home cholesterol test with results from a certified CLIA laboratory. This test allows an individual to receive a full laboratory report with cholesterol levels from the comfort and privacy of their home.
A Cholesterol Panel provides a full lipid profile - that is, total blood cholesterol, HDL levels and LDL levels and triglyceride levels. HDL is often called "good cholesterol" because its thought to actually remove excess cholesterol from atherosclerotic plaques. LDL is often referred to as "bad cholesterol" because it can slowly build up within the walls of the arteries.
Cholesterol and other fats can't dissolve in blood. They have to be carried into and out of the cells by special carriers of lipids and proteins called lipoproteins. The two major lipoproteins, and the ones to be most concerned about, are high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Find more information about home cholesterol tests on our blog
For an accurate home cholesterol panel, you must fast at least 9 and preferably 12 hours before the test.
Read complete test instructions Home Cholesterol Test Instructions
View a sample lab report Cholesterol Test Lab Results
1. Fast for at least 9 hours and preferably 12 hours before beginning test
2. Print name and date on the AdvanceDx100 sample card
3. Wash hands with warm water and dry thoroughly
4. Twist off yellow tip from lancet and hold lancet steady, press down until it clicks then release
5. Drip blood from fingertip to fill the box on collection card - about 4 drops
6. Allow collection card to air dry for 30 minutes
7. After card is dry, tear open blood sample return bag and insert card and seal. DO NOT remove the desiccant from the blood sample return bag.
8. Fill out the Requisition/Consent Form and make sure you note the name, date of birth and phone number that you put on the form, you will need that EXACT information in order to get your test results. Place form and the sealed blood sample return bag and place in preaddressed, prepaid mailing envelope
9. Test results will be available after lab processing (7-10 days) on http://www.mybloodtestresult.com. If you are unable to retrieve your test results, you must call the lab directly at 847-537-9600 between 9am-4pm CST.
Q: Can I have my results sent to my doctor's or business' address instead of my home address?
A: Yes, results can be sent to your doctor's office, or to your business, or to your wellness clinic. Only one mailing is included in the price of the kit, if required duplicate copies must be self-produced.
Contact us or call 1-888-448-5657