PSA Test-Home Prostate Cancer Screening
SKU #: H-PSA
PSA Tests are one of your first line of defenses in the early detection of prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer found in men in the United States. It occurs in about 1 out of 10 men during their lifetime. Prostate cancer is more common in older men and is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men. An annual PSA Test is recommended for men over the age of 50.
The PSA Screening Test combines the convenience of a home sample collection with the accuracy of a certified clinical laboratory determination.
Since the risk for prostate cancer increases with age, it is recommended that PSA testing be performed annually for all men once they reach 50 years of age.
The PSA Test is accurate, private, convenient and easy-to-use. Everything is included, there are no extra charges.
This test should not be used by people who had their prostate removed.
The home PSA Test - the accuracy of a laboratory in the privacy of your home.
Read complete test instructions Home PSA Test Instructions
View a sample lab report PSA Test Lab Results
1. Print name and date on the AdvanceDx100 sample card
2. Wash hands with warm water and dry thoroughly
3. Twist off yellow tip from lancet and hold lancet steady, press down until it clicks then release
4. Drip blood from fingertip to fill the box on collection card - about 4 drops
5. Allow collection card to air dry for 30 minutes
6. After card is dry, tear open blood sample return bag and insert card and seal. DO NOT remove the desiccant from the blood sample return bag.
7. Fill out the Requisition/Consent Form and make sure you note the name, date of birth and phone number that you put on the form, you will need that EXACT information in order to get your test results. Place form and the sealed blood sample return bag and place in preaddressed, prepaid mailing envelope
8. Test results will be available after lab processing (7-10 days) on http://www.mybloodtestresult.com. If you are unable to retrieve your test results, you must call the lab directly at 847-537-9600 between 9am-4pm CST.
Q: Can I use this test to monitor levels below 0.6 or if I have had my prostate removed?
A: No, this test should not be used if you have had your prostate removed since it will not report a level below 0.6.
Q: Can I have my results sent to my doctor's or business' address instead of my home address?
A: Yes, results can be sent to your doctor's office, or to your business, or to your wellness clinic. Only one mailing is included in the price of the kit, if required duplicate copies must be self-produced.
Q: Is this a free PSA test or total PSA Test?
A: This is a total PSA test. (A free-PSA test measures the percentage of unbound PSA; the PSA total test measures the total of both free and bound PSA.)
Contact us or call 1-888-448-5657