Home Thyroid Test | TSH Test
SKU #: H-THY
THYROID TSH TESTS
Thyroid Tests or more specifically a TSH Test (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Test) is an important tool in the detection of thyroid disease and problems in both men and women. Your thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped gland, located at the front part of your throat just below your Adam's apple. It produces hormones that affect and regulate virtually every bodily activity. Thyroid TSH Tests could help to enhance your health in many ways.
The Thyroid TSH Test is a self-collected, laboratory analysis that measures a substance called Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). This laboratory analysis will help you and your health care professional identify and/or monitor an underactive or overactive thyroid condition in order to prevent thyroid gland disorders.
TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is a chemical substance produced by the pituitary gland that stimulates the thyroid gland to synthesize and release its own hormones into the bloodstream.
When your thyroid gland produces less hormone than your body needs, a condition called hypothyroidism occurs. This is commonly referred to as an underactive thyroid and is the most common thyroid disorder.
A special finger lancet is supplied in the Blood Collection Kit. With it, three drops of blood are taken from a micro-nick of the finger, placed on a special collection card to dry, inserted into the special mailer provided, and then sent (postage paid) to a CLIA certified laboratory for analysis. Once the laboratory receives your blood sample, test results are processed within 7-10 days, then made available online at http://www.mybloodtestresult.com. Total turnaround time is approximately 2-3 weeks.
The results are sent back to you and/or your designated health care professional. The Thyroid TSH Test is accurate, private, convenient and easy-to-use. The accuracy of a laboratory in the privacy of your home.
Read complete test instructions Home Thyroid (TSH) Test Instructions
View a sample lab report Thyroid Test Lab Results
1. Print name and date on the AdvanceDx100 sample card
2. Wash hands with warm water and dry thoroughly
3. Twist off yellow tip from lancet and hold lancet steady, press down until it clicks then release
4. Drip blood from fingertip to fill the box on collection card - about 4 drops
5. Allow collection card to air dry for 30 minutes
6. After card is dry, tear open blood sample return bag and insert card and seal. DO NOT remove the desiccant from the blood sample return bag.
7. Fill out the Requisition/Consent Form and make sure you note the name, date of birth and phone number that you put on the form, you will need that EXACT information in order to get your test results. Place form and the sealed blood sample return bag and place in preaddressed, prepaid mailing envelope
8. Test results will be available after lab processing (7-10 days) on http://www.mybloodtestresult.com. If you are unable to retrieve your test results, you must call the lab directly at 847-537-9600 between 9am-4pm CST.
Q: Does this test measure T3 and T4 levels too?
A: No. This test only reports TSH levels. To see a sample of what your results will look like, please see our Thyroid Test Lab Results here.
Q: Can I have my results sent to my doctor's or business' address instead of my home address?
A: Yes, results can be sent to your doctor's office, or to your business, or to your wellness clinic. Only one mailing is included in the price of the kit, if required duplicate copies must be self-produced.
Home Thyroid Test - 3 Reasons To Take One
Home Thyroid Tests Can Help You Find Out if Your Thyroid is Over or Underactive
The home thyroid test is a test in which the sample can be collected at home and sent to a laboratory for testing. The thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland at the base of the throat and is responsible for a lot of activities that occur in the body. It controls metabolism and various functions of the organs and affects weight, energy levels, memory, heart rate and more. The thyroid gland itself is triggered into action by the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (commonly called the TSH) that is produced by the pituitary gland.
Since it is the TSH that really initiates the production of the thyroid hormones, a thyroid test is in fact a test to measure TSH and therefore can also be called a TSH test. Higher than normal levels of TSH indicate hyperthyroidism and lower levels indicate hypothyroidism.
There are very compelling reasons to opt for the home thyroid test. Some of these have been mentioned here for your consideration.
1. Hyperthyroidism can result in excessive and sudden weight loss, tiredness, agitation, insomnia, tremors, palpitations and muscle atrophy. These symptoms are not easy to associate with a thyroid gland that is overactive since these symptoms tend to be taken lightly at times. Only if you get a thyroid test done regularly can you assess the real nature of the problem. Similarly, hypothyroidism can cause weight gain, depression, constipation, hair loss, memory loss and dry skin. These symptoms also may not be easily associated with low thyroid activity unless thyroid testing is done for confirmation.
2. The numbers show that there are probably 13 million Americans or more who suffer from thyroid issues without even knowing about it. A home thyroid test helps you assess thyroid levels in the convenience of your home so that you do not miss checking a simple thing like this just due to the inconvenience or expense of a doctor or hospital. A simple TSH test done at home can help you understand if your TSH falls in the normal range, or is higher or lower. You can then seek professional medical advice for treatment.
3. In addition to the above there are various patients that are being treated for specific ailments or being given symptomatic treatment without really knowing the real cause of the problem just because a thyroid test has not been done. A simple and convenient home thyroid test can help you understand what the root cause of your symptoms could be.
The thyroid test home kits that are available only require a few drops of blood placed in a collection chamber. In some home thyroid tests, the sample is collected at home and then sent to a laboratory for testing in a special mailer. A process like this is also more convenient as compared to a thyroid test in which you need to go to the laboratory yourself.
The sooner you take the first step towards getting thyroid testing done, the sooner you shall be able to start proper treatment if some symptoms exist. Our home TSH test is a great tool for both men and women who want to take that step.
Article by Anne Hamilton.
Contact us or call 1-888-448-5657