Hemoglobin A1c Test
SKU #: H-A1C
Hemoglobin A1c Diabetes Test
The hemoglobin A1c test -- also called HbA1c, glycated hemoglobin test, or glycohemoglobin -- is a blood test used to determine how well your diabetes is being controlled. Hemoglobin A1c provides an average of your blood sugar control over a six to 12 week period and is used in conjunction with home blood sugar monitoring to make adjustments in your diabetes medicines.
The A1c test is accurate, convenient and easy-to-use. It enables self-collection of a dried blood sample for laboratory analysis.
With testing done in a CLIA certified laboratory you receive the accuracy and reliability of a laboratory test - but eliminate the need for a separate trip to have your blood drawn.
The Hemoglobin A1c test is the best way for your doctor to obtain an overall picture of your blood sugar control over the last three months. Because doing so is sometimes inconvenient, HbA1c testing has been easy for diabetic patients to ignore - and they have.
Hemoglobin A1c measures provide the most reliable assessment of glucose management. The American Diabetes Association reported that as a result of the 10 year Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT) serious complications such as blindness, kidney failure, stroke and amputation were decreased by up to 67% by keeping blood sugar levels close to the non-diabetic range. Hemoglobin A1c tests and frequent blood sugar monitoring are the only way to demonstrate blood sugar control.
The Hemoglobin A1c Test enables your doctor to obtain laboratory results on a dried blood sample that you collect yourself. Because the A1c test can be done in advance of your next doctor's visit, that visit will now be even more productive. The Hemoglobin A1c Test provides the same clinical results that can be obtained from a local laboratory, but without the inconvenience of keeping an appointment and the need to draw blood from the arm. The process is very quick and virtually painless.
A special finger lancet is supplied in the Blood Collection Kit. With it, three drops of blood are taken from a micro-nick of the finger, placed on a special collection card to dry, inserted into the special mailer provided, and then sent (postage paid) to the CLIA certified laboratory for analysis. Allow 5-7 days for delivery of your sample to the lab and an additional 7-10 days for processing. You will receive an email when your results are available online at http://www.mybloodtestresult.com. Total turnaround time is approximately 3 weeks.
Read complete test instructions Home A1C Test Instructions
1. Print name and date on the AdvanceDx100 sample card
2. Wash hands with warm water and dry thoroughly
3. Twist off yellow tip from lancet and hold lancet steady, press down until it clicks then release
4. Drip blood from fingertip to fill the box on collection card - about 4 drops
5. Allow collection card to air dry for 30 minutes
6. After card is dry, tear open blood sample return bag and insert card and seal. DO NOT remove the desiccant from the blood sample return bag.
7. Fill out the Requisition/Consent Form and make sure you note the name, date of birth and phone number that you put on the form, you will need that EXACT information in order to get your test results. Place form and the sealed blood sample return bag and place in preaddressed, prepaid mailing envelope
8. Allow 5-7 days for delivery of your sample to the lab and an additional 7-10 days for processing. You will receive an email when your results are available online at on http://www.mybloodtestresult.com. If you are unable to retrieve your test results, you must call the lab directly at 847-537-9600 between 9am-4pm CST.
Q: Can I have my results sent to my doctor's or business' address instead of my home address?
A: Yes, results can be sent to your doctor's office, or to your business, or to your wellness clinic. Only one mailing is included in the price of the kit, if required duplicate copies must be self-produced.
Contact us or call 1-888-448-5657