Think fast! What do you want to know about hair drug testing?
1. It goes back 90 days. The standard detection period for hair drug testing is set by the lab. This goes for businesses sending in employees to be tested, and consumers sending in samples from their home hair drug test kits. Both labs used by Home Health Testing go back 90 days.
2. Yes, it works. Studies have shown that compared to urine drug testing, hair drug testing finds between 4 to 8 times the amount of users, in part because the detection period is so much longer.
3. It won’t make you bald.. While 100-120 strands of hair are required, that really only amounts to the diameter of a pencil.
4. But you can’t just supply one hair. A hair drug testing lab needs a sufficient sample in order to wash, liquidate, and analyze the hair effectively.
5. You can’t cheat them. Shampoos aren’t going to help you – the inside of the hair is analyzed, not the outside. This means external contamination is near impossible too.
See anything on this list something you want to know but do not (yet)? Just send us an email (cs at homehealthtesting.com). We will be glad to answer your questions! And you can check out our hair follicle drug test page here.