Cholesterol Test - Full Lipid Panel with Glucose
SKU #: H-CHOLNC
The Cholesterol Panel is a home cholesterol test with results from a certified CLIA laboratory. This test allows an individual to receive a full laboratory report with cholesterol levels from the comfort and privacy of their home.
A Cholesterol Panel provides a full lipid profile - that is, total blood cholesterol, HDL levels and LDL levels and triglyceride levels. HDL is often called "good cholesterol" because its thought to actually remove excess cholesterol from atherosclerotic plaques. LDL is often referred to as "bad cholesterol" because it can slowly build up within the walls of the arteries.
Cholesterol and other fats can't dissolve in blood. They have to be carried into and out of the cells by special carriers of lipids and proteins called lipoproteins. The two major lipoproteins, and the ones to be most concerned about, are high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Find more information about home cholesterol tests on our blog.
For an accurate home cholesterol panel, you must fast at least 9 and preferably 12 hours before the test.
Read complete test instructions Home Cholesterol Test Instructions
View a sample lab report Cholesterol Test Lab Results
1. Fast for at least 9 hours and preferably 12 hours before beginning test
2. Complete Test Requisition and consent form.
3. Take Blood Collection Device from foil pouch and affix barcode label to the top/lid of green device so it will show when closed.
4. Wash hands with warm water and dry thoroughly. Clean with alcohol pad.
5. Remove cap from lancet and hold lancet steady, press down on side of fingertip pad
6. Drip blood from fingertip to fill the middle circle of collection device - about 4 drops
7. Allow the blood to soak into the device for about 3 minutes
8. After blood is absorbed, close the green device firmly by folding over the top. Make sure the latches are secure and your barcode label shows on lid when it is closed.
8. Place Test Requisition Form and blood collection device in return mailing envelope within 24 hours of collection and mail to lab
9. Allow 5-7 days for delivery of your sample to the lab and an additional 3-5 days for processing. Your results will be available online at on https://www.dbslabportal.com/. If you are unable to retrieve your test results, you must call the lab directly at 816-425-1690 between 9am-4pm CST.
Q: Can I have my results sent to my doctor's or business' address instead of my home address?
A: Yes, results can be sent to your doctor's office, or to your business, or to your wellness clinic. Only one mailing is included in the price of the kit, if required duplicate copies must be self-produced.
Contact us or call 1-888-448-5657