PSA Test-Home Prostate Cancer Screening
Out of Stock
SKU #: H-PSA
PSA Tests are one of your first line of defenses in the early detection of prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer found in men in the United States. It occurs in about 1 out of 10 men during their lifetime. Prostate cancer is more common in older men and is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men. An annual PSA Test is recommended for men over the age of 50.
The PSA Screening Test combines the convenience of a home sample collection with the accuracy of a certified clinical laboratory determination.
Since the risk for prostate cancer increases with age, it is recommended that PSA testing be performed annually for all men once they reach 50 years of age.
The PSA Test is accurate, private, convenient and easy-to-use. Everything is included, there are no extra charges.
This test should not be used by people who had their prostate removed.
The home PSA Test - the accuracy of a laboratory in the privacy of your home.
Read complete test instructions PSA Test Instructions
View a sample lab report PSA Test Lab Results
1. Complete Test Requisition and consent form.
2. Take Blood Collection Card and affix barcode label and write in your name next to barcode.Write in date of blood collection.
3. Wash hands with warm water and dry thoroughly. Clean with alcohol pad.
4. Remove cap from lancet and hold lancet steady, press down on side of fingertip pad
5. Allow one large blood drop to fall in the middle of each circle. Five (5) large blood drops are required to fall in the center of each circle. One drop per circle.
6. After applying 5 blood drops, allow card to dry for 30 minutes
7. After blood is dry, close top flap over blood samples.Place Test Requisition Form and blood collection card in return mailing envelope within 24 hours of collection and mail to lab
8. Allow 5-7 days for delivery of your sample to the lab and an additional 3-5 days for processing. Your results will be available online at on https://www.dbslabportal.com/. If you are unable to retrieve your test results, you must call the lab directly at 816-425-1690 between 9am-4pm CST.
Q: Can I use this test to monitor levels below 0.6 or if I have had my prostate removed?
A: No, this test should not be used if you have had your prostate removed since it will not report a level below 0.6.
Q: Can I have my results sent to my doctor's or business' address instead of my home address?
A: Yes, results can be sent to your doctor's office, or to your business, or to your wellness clinic. Only one mailing is included in the price of the kit, if required duplicate copies must be self-produced.
Q: Is this a free PSA test or total PSA Test?
A: This is a total PSA test. (A free-PSA test measures the percentage of unbound PSA; the PSA total test measures the total of both free and bound PSA.)
Q: Is this a 4K test?
A: No - A 4K test is actually a combination of PSA test with a hK2 (human kallikrein 2) and a few other related tests (free PSA, intact and total PSA, history of prior biopsy, results of DRE (digital rectal exam). A 4K test is strongly recommended for those who are at risk for prostate cancer
Contact us or call 1-888-448-5657