Saliva Drug Test Kit | Oral Fluid Mouth Swab Drug Test
SKU #: DSAL-9
Saliva Drug Tests have the quickest detection window of any drug test. Drugs can be detected in saliva within hours of use, but only remain detectable for 24-72 hours depending on the drug. Unlike other drug tests that take longer to detect recent use, the oral fluid drug test is the only test that tells you if someone is currently under the influence of a drug or used very recently.
The mouth swab drug test is also the easiest to use and witness the collection of the specimen which makes it popular in workplace drug testing since you don't have to worry with handling urine or cutting hair. The donor can be observed with the mouth swab in their mouth which prevents adulteration or cheating on the test - it takes about 3 minutes to collect enough saliva and the test has a Saliva Saturation Indicator that will turn red when there is enough saliva on the collection sponge to be tested. The collection swab is then inserted in the test cube and the lid closed, wait 5 minutes and the drug test results are visible on the side of the test cube.
The 9 Panel Oral Swab Drug Test will test for the following drugs at these levels:
1. Instruct donor to not place anything in the mouth (food, drink, gum, etc) for 10 minutes prior to collection.
2. Remove the test cube and the saliva collector from sealed pouch and place the test cube upright on a level surface.
3. Put the sponge end of the collector on your tongue or near cheek to collect oral fluid for about 3 minutes until color on sturation indicator strip appears red in the indicator window. If color on saturation indicator has not turned red at 7 minutes, repeat the collection using a new device.
4. Open the test cube and place the saturated oral fluid collector inside the test cube. Press the sponge collector down firmly until it reaches the bottom of the test cube then tightly close the cube lid. Keep test cube upright on flat surface for 5 minutes.
5. Read results in 5 minutes. Do not read after 5 minutes.
Q: I've heard that a saliva drug test is not as effective at testing marijuana as it is at testing other drugs. Is this true?
A: No, this actually is not true. Although when saliva drug tests were originally introduced they did not test for marijuana as well as drugs like cocaine, for example, the technology is now sufficiently advanced and marijuana's presence in saliva well understood enough to establish that a saliva drug test can test for marijuana use with 97-98% accuracy. The important thing to realize is that in saliva, marijuana has a shorter window of detection than other drugs tested for by this product. Marijuana can be detected by a saliva drug test at 97-98% accuracy between 1 and 12 hours after use. Other drugs stay in saliva longer at that extremely high accuracy level (97-99%) , marijuana does not. So this is a perfect test for detecting extremely recent use or if someone is still high on marijuana. With other drugs as you may note the window of detection is longer.